- Job Security with an essential service. Permanent, long-term role in Queanbeyan. Enjoy Christmas and start mid-January 2022.
- Generous salary negotiated in line with experience: + super, allowances, free parking, additional benefits.
- Experienced Office Admin or EA looking for career progression considered
Hydraulic Doctors is a privately owned engineering company that has been providing services to Canberra, Queanbeyan and the surrounding region for 30 years. We are a small specialised team with a strong focus on customer service and technical expertise.
Are you a thinker and a supporter who loves to get things done?
We are looking for an office person to play a pivotal role in the day to day running of our Office. This is a great opportunity to be a key member of the team and contribute to the ongoing growth and success of the Company.
You will need to be highly organised, technology proficient, resourceful and proactive, and bring a strong work ethic in order to support our customers and team.
- You may be a highly experienced Office Manager with a broad range of skills & existing experience; OR
- You may already be a good all-round Office Administrator looking for further career progression; OR
- You may be a great EA looking to broaden your skills and experience.
Most of all a great positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn is key.
Take charge and drive the efficient operation of the office. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Front of house reception including managing incoming calls and visitors.
- Collaborate with the Workshop Manager to manage job bookings.
- Daily parts ordering and co-ordination
- Accounts payable/receivable/invoicing
- Implementing, maintaining and updating office systems and technology.
- Ensuring business operating procedures are followed.
- Understanding key operational issues & processes to ensure effective workflow management.
- Assist with quotes/job proposals and special projects.
- All general administrative functions and team support for ensuring the smooth operation of the business.
We encourage collaboration and good communication to benefit the wellbeing of the whole team. Good systems and procedures also assist with smooth management of day to day functions and business objectives. We work hard but we also enjoy a good laugh.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications for the Higher Level Role
- Cert III, IV or Diploma in Business Administration.
- A min 5 yrs. experience managing and running an office or business, it's facilities, operations & staff, preferably in a private enterprise setting.
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills.
- Results focused mindset.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- Advanced level MS Office Suite particularly word & excel.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly understand & adopt new processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively & productively in a small professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
- A strong commitment to quality and delivery on time and with a high level of attention to detail & accuracy.
Desirable but not Essential
- A good understanding of accounts administration processes.
- MYOB highly regarded but not absolutely essential.
- Knowledge & understanding of privacy principles & business confidentiality.
If you don't quite meet all of the above criteria but have solid experience, your application may still be considered. Salary will be in-line with skills & experience.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Full-time permanent role (Mon-Fri)
- Long term job security and growth
- Competitive salary package (circa $70-80K) commensurate with level of experience + allowances/benefits + Super + Free Parking
- Small friendly team, great customer & supplier relationships
- Opportunities for further training and development
- All of our team are vaccinated
Please submit your application with a covering letter telling us about you and why you are applying for this role.
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as an office manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience using MYOB?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.