Great HR opportunity for a proactive HR Officer in an organisation committed to positively affecting change in our community
- Be responsible for recruitment and onboarding
- Melbourne CBD Office, close to public transport with hybrid working
- Support in the implementation of various HR initiatives
No to Violence is Australia’s largest peak body for services and individuals that work with men who use family violence. No to Violence operates the national Men’s Referral Service, the national Brief Intervention Services and the Victorian based Perpetrator Accommodation Support Service, free, confidential counselling, referral and support services.
We have strong values of Change, Leadership, Gender Equity and Accountability.
About the role
The role will primarily look after recruitment and onboarding, supporting hiring managers through the process. This will include creating and posting job adverts, coordinating the interview process and sending onboarding packs to new members of staff.
Being the first port of call for HR queries, you will be liaising with all levels of staff within the organisation and escalate more complex queries to other members of the HR team. The role will also maintain our Human Resources Information System ensuring employee details are up to date as well as undertake various administrative tasks. From time to time, you will be involved in compliance activities such as audits.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources and relevant HR experience
- Strong administration and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing and/or changing priorities and deliver to deadlines
- Proven team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders with the confidentiality and professionalism
- Commit to working inclusively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTI people and people with disabilities’
Employment with NTV is conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references, proof of legal entitlement to work in Australia, a Police records check (including an International Police check where required) and a Working with Children Check.
We follow state government restrictions and vaccination protocols, therefore you may be required to provide proof of covid vaccination as part of pre-employment screening.
Further details relating to the key roles and responsibilities of this role can be found in the position description on our website - https://ntv.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
What we offer
We are growing nationally and building our workforce. We are open to discussions regarding hybrid working arrangements.
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We also play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
Some other benefits we offer include;
• Salary Packaging – tax free salary benefits of up to $15,900 per year plus up to $2,650 per year for entertainment benefits
• Bonus leave (3 days over Christmas/New Year, pro rata)
• Generous paid study leave
• Leave loading of 17.5%
• EAP through Converge International who provide Employee Assist, Family Assist, Money Assist and Legal Assist among other services
• Portable Long Service Leave
• An office that is always stocked with snacks!
How to apply
To apply please submit an up-to-date resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) outlining your relevant experience aligned to the mandatory requirements detailed in this ad.
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NTV values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.