Who We Are:
Formally established in 1930, we are the governing body for surf lifesaving in Queensland. Built on tradition, forged out of passion and focused on the future. Built on one fundamental principle: to save lives.
We are 34,000+ volunteers and 57 clubs across six regions. We save lives with vigilance and service. We are directly affiliated with, and are part of Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) and the International Life Saving Federation (ILF). We encompass several diverse arms, with over 550 employees throughout Queensland, across the areas of lifesaving services, community education, membership services, surf sports, fundraising, aviation, lifeguards and commercial training.
We are; Pilots and Crew, Administrators, Lifeguards, Trainers and Educators, brand custodians and community advocates! SLSQ also includes supporters' clubs and a range of programs that involve more than 462,000 participants.
About the Role!
Due to exciting growth within our team, we are seeking an innovative eLearning Support Officer with a continuous improvement approach to join us!
This role supports the efficiency and effectiveness of the TAE Department in its delivery of high-quality training products and courses, and delivers on a range eLearning aspects across the SLSQ eLearning capability and design. This includes supporting the operational performance of the Learning Management System (LMS) and Student Management System (SMS), while developing engaging content and resources for the LMS, and providing front line LMS support.
This role also performs student administration processes from enrolment through to certification with a passionate student-focused approach.
This is a permanent part time opportunity (30 hours per week).
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients (internal and external, members and non-members)
- Deal with customer support calls and general enquiries
- Learning Management System (LMS - Canvas) administration
- Student Management System (VETtrak) administration
- Monitor pre-enrolment surveys and enrolment procedures
- Create and maintain LMS user accounts
- Monitor and report on LMS usage and engagement analytics
- Monitor and report on user feedback
- Provide branch and club reports
- Increase user experience by creating engaging learning activities into the LMS
- Video editing
- Update and graphically improve learning resources
- Calendar coordination of Trainers and course logistics
- Travel and accommodation bookings
- IT troubleshooting and improve system procedures
- Contribute to RTOs compliance and continuous improvement
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Working with Children Blue Card, and National Police Clearance Check (Essential) (Current or ability to obtain)
- Basic understanding of child safety principles, and commitment to safeguarding children and young people (Essential)
- A high degree of applied computer literacy, with intermediate or advanced MS Office Suite (Essential)
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud (Highly Desired)
- Experienced in LMS and SMS (Highly Desired)
- Knowledge and experience in working with RTO’s and VET Quality Framework (Highly Desired)
- Have some knowledge of national accredited qualification requirements (Highly Desired)
- Proven track record of strong problem solving and troubleshooting, with the ability to analyse problems and strategise for better solutions
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Innovative attributes!
Why Join SLSQ?
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits to increase your take home pay!
- Support an essential public safety service where you contribute to saving lives every day!
- Join a passionate, supportive and experienced TAE team within an Iconic organisation with many opportunities for our people to grow along with us.
We are a child safe organisation and commit to respecting children and young people, listening to their views and acting to keep them safe at all times. All candidates are required to undertake a working with children check.
How to Apply: Please apply via SEEK and include a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role. Shortlisting will commence immediately and applications close 3 December 2021 at midnight.
We look forward to reviewing your application, and remember to swim between the red and yellow flags!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.