Come and join the Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council, a regional Council focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character with a thriving tourism sector and enviable lifestyle. Within an easy drive from Adelaide, you get the lifestyle and community atmosphere of this beautiful region whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Council:
The Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council is situated about 1 hour north of Adelaide with a population of approximately 9,000 people. It has a variety of towns and villages that offer something for everyone. The principal centre is Clare located within the beautiful Clare Valley, a world-renowned wine and tourism region - www.clarevalley.com.au
The region offers a playground of activities and things to see and do including cellar doors, festivals, sporting events, arts and culture, boutique shops and unique heritage. It is also central to the offerings of the Flinders Ranges, Yorke Peninsula and the Outback and continues to attract people seeking a better way of living. The Council offers so much for a Community Development Officer seeking to gain great experiences in a wonderful place to live surrounded by a supportive community - https://www.claregilbertvalleys.sa.gov.au/make-the-move
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Development and Community team, who work with our various communities and businesses to help create a great region to live in. Your role will be to work closely with our Council’s various communities and community organisations to help them deliver their strategic objectives and projects.
Some of your main tasks include:
- Be the key contact point between the community and Council;
- Ensure they have effective governance arrangements in place;
- Identify opportunities to develop and grow our local communities;
- Manage Council’s Community Asset Grant Scheme and assist Council and communities in gaining funding to deliver strategic goals.
- Support the Council’s media strategy in the preparation of communication materials.
To be successful in this role, you will be looking for an exciting challenge in a regional setting. You will enjoy working in a highly collaborative team and be comfortable liaising with members of the community on a range of diverse matters.
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to build trusting relationships between the community and Council and be passionate in developing our communities for the better.
- A degree in community development, social studies or similar.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude that is passionate about community development.
What’s in it for you?
Apart from living in a great place and working with great people, Council will offer an attractive remuneration at Level 4 SA Municipal Salaried Officers Award. Consideration will also be given to other incentives if you are moving to the region for the position. Training will be provided as part of your ongoing professional development.
Enquiries can be made to the Director of Development and Community, Mr Andrew Christiansen on 8842 6400 or email@example.com. Please refer to Council's Website for a copy of the Job Description https://www.claregilbertvalleys.sa.gov.au/council-organisation/employment/community-development-officer
Applications including a full CV, cover letter and address the job description requirements should be submitted by 5.00pm Thursday 16 December 2021, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Dr Helen Macdonald
Chief Executive Officer
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.