- Newly created permanent opportunity to work flexibly across NSW!
- Transport Grade 8 ($120,423 - $134,872) plus superannuation
- Innovative, supportive and diverse team driving and influencing a great customer experience
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
The Regional and Outer Metropolitan division is focused on understanding the particular needs of regional communities across NSW and delivering customer-centred integrated transport services and infrastructure.
We have a newly created permanent position for a Governance and Assurance Officer to join our Business Services Team within the Customer Service Experience and Planning branch.
Primarily this role is responsible for providing compliance information that supports decision making and ensures that governance and assurance frameworks, policies and procedures are consistently applied. As this is a newly created position, there are opportunities to evolve and grow the role.
This position accommodates remote and flexible work practices across NSW, with the opportunity for you to work out of your nearest Regional or Outer Metropolitan office.
What you’ll be involved in
- Perform the Secretariat functions of the branch and related committees.
- Establishing a governance framework for the Customer Service Experience and Planning branch ensuring compliance with organisational governance requirements
- Establishing review cycles for branch process and procedure documents and maintain records management functions.
- Development and implementation of monitoring and tracking the progress of papers through the various committees.
- Provide assurance that the branch is compliant with a range of organisational policies
- Maintain and review the branch’s risk management register
- Represent the branch in various committees and forums
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience in delivering a governance and assurance framework within a large organisation, evidence of establishing and maintaining risk and records management systems and skilled in policy compliance. They will be a solutions-based thinker and have an understanding of the complexities of managing sensitive and confidential issues in a divergent environment.
The Governance and Assurance Officer will also possess experience in capturing measures and continuous improvement of governance and assurance.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to evidence examples of strong stakeholder engagement, communication and presentation skills. Preparing presentations and reports using various technologies is critical.
It is essential that as an integral part of a customer focused part of the business you will model the behaviours aligned with excellent customer service in all aspects of your professional engagement. Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience is required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing Division that values regional NSW and strives towards excellent outcomes for regional communities!
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade 8 ($120,423 - $134,872) plus superannuation and leave loading.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the application.
Close date: 11:59pm Sunday 12th December
All Transport workers are required to have:
- at least one dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine by 6 December 2021 and two doses by 7 February 2022; or
- an approved medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.