- Permanent Full time | 38 hours per week
- Location: Wollongong | Travel required NSW South Coast | Pool car provided
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As community coordinator you will manage community engagement, education, and coordination at the local level. A Community Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate activities for a set area within the Illawarra & NSW South Coast
You will be responsible for connecting with the region in person (using an MA vehicle to travel) and online in order to provide education, awareness and support to the local community. This position will also expand the entry points to our service locally, and secondly coordinate support in the local communities to those experiencing gambling harm.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain a community engagement plan to raise awareness and educate community about gambling harm
- Create and a range of community education workshops and activities
- Assist clients through brief therapeutic interventions and appropriate referrals to internal or external services as required
- Develop and/or conduct and facilitate group support groups if required
- Maintain up to date records and contact details to support the engagement plan
- Respond to referrals and enquiries in a timely manner and according to service guidelines
Requirements for Success
- Experience in community development and education
- Ability to respond to people with empathy, sensitivity and understanding
- Understanding of both the issues faced by community, those experiencing gambling harm and their families
- A passion for engaging with and mobilising the local communities
- A current NSW driver's licence
- Evidence of Covid 19 Vaccination
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Community Coordinator PD- Gamble Aware.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.