Do you have a knack for creating incredible products or events?
Are you looking for a unique role in an exciting new industry or are you keen to try something new?
Are you looking for a leadership role in product management?
We’re looking for a creative & motivated personality to join our product and marketing team at the biggest games and entertainment company in Australia.
Fortress, a gaming lifestyle company, owns and operates a massive, multi-level entertainment venue devoted to gaming - everything from board games, arcade, PC and console. Situated in the CBD at the luxury Emporium shopping centre, ‘Fortress Melbourne’ is an incredible addition to the city’s cultural, tourism and nightlife offering.
The 1,000 capacity venue includes an 800 sq/m 200 seat live esports arena (the ‘Alienware Arena’), 150+ premium LAN PCs, old school arcade games, two licensed bars, private party spaces, a full-service Tavern restaurant holding specially created VIP video game booths and designated board game / tabletop areas, merchandise store, dedicated streamer pods, and a live broadcast production facility.
About our products:
Fortress was founded with one purpose: to ignite the spirit of gaming. We do this through a broad range of products including:
- Gaming experiences like PC play, arcade gaming, board gaming and console gaming
- Gaming events like our weekly Tavern Trivia and beginner’s Dungeons & Dragons sessions and our game themed parties and movie screenings
- Esports events including live esports tournaments and viewing parties
- Tavern food offering and bespoke cocktail menus
- Fortress merchandise and character IP
- Corporate events and team building
- Unique activations like game launches and VIP parties
About the role:
This is a unique product role that provides the opportunity to work across multiple product categories and with multiple stakeholders in a fun and exciting environment. We’re looking for someone to step into a leadership role to manage the product development process alongside the executive team.
- Lead the product development process from research to prototyping to launch using a value proposition approach
- Project manage product creation coordinating marketing, creative, event, tournament, operations and production staff
- Pitch product concepts and recommendations to the leadership team
- Conduct robust product evaluations and create product reports
- Manage product team personnel
- Product manage existing products including our business-as-usual attractions and weekly regular events
- Manage product procurement include design briefing, sourcing manufacturers and ordering
- Manage product budgets
- Workshop digital & in-venue customer experiences
- Assisting with other projects as required
So what does that look like?
Over the past twelve months, our product and marketing team have worked together with events, tournaments, creative, production, and other areas of Fortress, to develop and launch a myriad of products. Some of these are:
- Tavern Trivia - our sell-out weekly event that combines trivia with gaming and pop culture knowledge
- Master of the Map - one of our biggest remote events, featuring two of the biggest Battle Royale titles in the world and a range of gaming, lifestyle, comedy and sporting influencers
- Fortress House Cup - our flagship gaming event series, live from the venue. Spanning multiple weekends, multiple titles, and plenty of games-loving Australian talent and influencers.
- Bottomless package - Bottomless pizza and loaded fries combined with unlimited board game or console game play
- School excursions - Program for high school to college students to take a sneak peak behind the curtain at Fortress, learn about careers in the industry and engage in game play
We’re looking for a pro-active, rigorous and experienced product developer/manager with a passion for gaming. As a successful candidate, you will be inquisitive, analytical and find joy in creating unique and engaging experiences.
Whether you live and breathe games and entertainment and are looking to hone your skills, or have cut your teeth in a more traditional industry and you’re looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Experience in product/event development from concept to market
- Proven success in developing product solutions in a professional setting to achieve strategic objectives
- Proven ability to evaluate product success (from data and feedback) and iterate to show improvement
- Excellent ability to develop and manage product roadmaps
- Good ability to conduct market research, competitive analysis and product testing
- Proven ability to develop products within budget and agreed-upon timeframes
- Understanding of customer journeys, customer experience and market appeal
- Experience using ticketing systems
- Ability to adapt and pivot quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation and reports for internal audiences
Skills/experience that are nice to have:
- 3+ years experience in successful product/event development
- Experience in late-night/always-on hospitality and entertainment
- Strong knowledge of game genres, games and current gaming trends
- Good knowledge of event operations, LAN environments and competitive play
- Experience working in an environment with a range of different events
- Outstanding problem solving and critical analysis
- Understanding of games competition production and internet streaming
- Full Australian working rights
About the team:
We’re a team of passionate, hard working people who hail from a broad variety of professional backgrounds - from music and entertainment, to government and tech. We’re passionate about games, and we’re passionate about sharing that love with our customers. We’re committed to being the home for ALL gamers (whatever that means for you), and are strictly anti-gatekeeping, anti-trolls, and have no tolerance for toxicity. We celebrate each other’s successes and we believe in accountability (without fear) in everything we do. We get stuff done, and we have fun while we do it.
Working with our flagship venue comes with a range of exciting and unique benefits!
- Gym membership / fitness program
- Sunlit, dog-friendly office located in central CBD
- Flexible, remote-friendly work environment where people can enjoy a mix of WFH and in-office / in-venue collaboration
- Discounts, perks and freebies at Fortress
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.