Data Entry / Point of Sales Officer
- Customer facing role in Cargo Operations
- Perfect for a keen problem solver and people person!
- Located in Darwin, Northern Territory
You are the link between our Customers and our Customer Interface teams (Customer Support, Operations, Marine & Finance)!
Reporting to the Darwin Depot Manager, you excel in customer service and in getting the job done in an accurate and timely manner.
You will be the key resource, driving the accuracy and efficiency of cargo despatch supporting our business processes and efficiencies of this Depot.
Sea Swift is Northern Australia’s largest shipping company, with an extensive marine transport network ensuring that the world is at our customers’ doorstep.
One of the largest employers in the region with more than 450 staff, Sea Swift is ideally positioned to support, assist, and deliver to customers, from individuals to large national and international corporations. Our fleet of purpose-designed vessels delivers vital supplies to remote island and coastal communities and resource development outposts, and our team of highly-experienced logistics and marine experts excel at getting the job done – safely and reliably.
Our equipment can be deployed in support of major projects throughout northern Australia, South-East Asia, Papua New Guinea, and the Western Pacific.
Sea Swift also makes a significant contribution to the employment and skill development of local communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We pride ourselves on our highly-successful and multi award-winning community engagement and traineeship programs, genuinely changing the lives of young Indigenous and non-Indigenous people across Northern Australia.
Our vision is to be Regional Australia’s leading sustainable supply chain enabler.
So, this is where you come in. You will be asked to:
- manage the link between customers and our Customer Interface teams (Customer Support, Operations, Marine & Finance);
- provide exceptional customer service;
- establish and continuously improve the cargo claims systems and processes to effectively support the aim of reducing the incidence of cargo claims;
- develop and maintain a high level of customer service;
- reduce incorrect charges resulting from inaccurate weights and measure information for consignments.
And what will you need to bring as knowledge, skills and experience?
- Intermediate computer ability (Outlook, Word, Excel), ability to learn a new system and cash handling/EFTPOS experience;
- Demonstrated experience regarding cargo receivables, consolidation and dispatching processes;
- Demonstrated experience of dealing with customers who are delivering cargo.
- Enhanced customer service skills;
- Clear and legible handwriting;
- Well-developed cargo measurement and documentation skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety principles.
If you are a proficient, experienced Data Entry/Sales person we would love to hear from you. Your energetic and personal drive for business and team success, achievement and focus on safety, is just what we are looking for. APPLY NOW!!
If this sounds like you, please forward your application using the link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please email to email@example.com You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. Successful candidates only will be contacted within seven days.
The successful applicant will be subject to interview, reference checks, psychometric assessment, pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screen and National Police Check.
Sea Swift is an equal opportunity employer
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have data entry experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Sales Officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.