Office Support Agent in the Administration Section
Delegation of the European Union
Administration & Office Support
We offer a post of Office Support Agent. Under this post, the recruited person will carry-out functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent - this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the Administration Section of the Delegation under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration.
The Administration is responsible for the financial management of the Delegation in conformity with existing rules and regulations and as instructed by Headquarters. The Office Support Agent will be assisting the Administration Section in a variety of administrative and clerical tasks as well as attending to the reception desk (as per attached job description).
We offer an interesting position with a competitive salary range (between $50,000 - 65,000 gross per year depending on experience).
This is a full time permanent position. It is a competitive position in an international environment with superannuation and medical insurance offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We are looking for
We are looking for a motivated person with relevant experience in a similar position, office organization under the guidance of the Head of Administration and to provide general secretarial support to the Section as required.
Interested applicants can send their application and supporting documents (including a cover letter and detailed CV) exclusively by email to by Friday 17 December 2021 at 12:00 PM (AEST):
Interviews for the short list of candidates will take place in the second half of January 2022
EmployerEU DelegationAustraliaLocation18 Arkana Street – YARRALUMLA ACT 2600
Job descriptionGroup4 Section in the organisation chartAdministration sectionNext hierarchical superior (who to report to)Head of AdministrationWorking hoursFull time – no flexi time Working environment/conditions Diplomatic mission Job objectiveProvide reception and administrative and logistical support under the supervision of the Head of Administration Main Tasks
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the administration section and other sections of the delegation when necessary and support the delegation in the organization of meetings and events
- Responsible for liaising with suppliers and arranging maintenance when necessary
- Request quotations and prepare and send orders for purchase (as instructed by the Head of Administration) and obtain account information from suppliers
- Ensure maintenance and monitor stock of office and cleaning supplies, toner and spare cartridges and prepare order for purchase when necessary
- Operate the delegation’s reception desk; receive and connect incoming calls and deal with general information requests
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, organize couriers and franking of outgoing mail and date stamp incoming invoices
- Encode incoming/outgoing mail (in delegation document management system (ARES), including filing and archiving and assist with preparation of mailings and mailing lists where necessary
- Maintain and update the Delegation’s list of suppliers and contractors as well as keep calendar of maintenance visits
- Occasional back up for the Delegation’s driver (full license required)
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public (in person and on the telephone)
- Good judgement and communication skills, including effective negotiation, liaison and consultation skills to resolve challenging time sensitive situations
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands arising from the needs of the Delegation. Punctuality and respect of deadlines is a must
- Ability to work both independently as well as ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to focus on priorities, to show initiative and to organize own workload (in order to respect deadlines and delegation priorities)
Job specificationsCompulsory requirementAssetQualifications Secondary education and valid full Australian driver’s license Professional experience the minimum required professional experience, of 2 years in performing the above mentioned tasks Knowledge of languages Good knowledge and communication skills in English (written and spoken) are essential Knowledge of IT toolsGood knowledge of commonly used programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Calendar, Power Point Training in Ares and Sysper2 will be provided
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to Delegation-Australiaemail@example.com
Applications close Monday 17 December 2021 at 12.00 PM (AEST)
Candidatures should be send to Delegation-Australia-vacany@eeas.Europa.eu only
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.