Who we are and why you want to work for us?
GreenTec is a small specialist consulting firm based in Brisbane and are currently looking to grow our Brisbane team in 2022 with projects located Australia wide. We are currently looking for a Principal Civil/Geotechnical Engineer. If you have relevant experience, and interest or experience in related projects in the waste/water management sector and available to start in the New Year read on!
GreenTec are leaders in waste management, landfill engineering and environmental solutions and have a strong reputation in this industry for providing quality practical consulting services. With over 6 years in operation, we have long standing clients who come to us with new projects regularly and are growing a client base with new clients across both the private and public sectors.
We aren’t your typical consultancy, although our outputs may be the same quality as large consulting firms, our aim is to provide practical no Bullsh!t advice and innovative solutions for our clients guiding our clients through from approvals, to construction and operations through closure and rehabilitation. As a small family owned and operated business, we are able to support our employees with competitive remuneration, flexible work/life balance and career progression pathways.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil/ Geotechnical Engineering.
- RPEQ and charted status is essential.
- At least 10 years experience in a similar role in Australia.
- Experience in leading teams and in delivering projects from proposal stage through to completion in the design and construction of earth structures (landfills, sediment dams, leachate ponds, surface water infrastructure, regulated water storages).
- Have an excellent high level of communication skills (written and verbal) and being confident to deal with clients, contractors and team members.
- Be able to undertake effective business development, maintain client relationships and generate new business leads.
- A positive can-do attitude and team player and be supportive for junior staff to enable company and culture growth.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Working across multiple projects you will be required to undertake the following key tasks;
- Overseeing the technical delivery of projects including, investigation, design, construction quality assurance of waste and water management infrastructure.
- Develop effective stakeholder management strategies, including maintaining positive relationships with clients that result in continued business and opportunities for business growth.
- Grow team and capabilities whilst maintaining company culture.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of small multidisciplinary team.
- Providing practical design and construction support in a timely manner for landfill, mining (large earthworks structures) and residential/commercial developments.
- Provide review and sign off of engineering projects and deliverables, as necessary.
- Provide practical consulting advice, undertake data analysis, reporting and risk assessments.
- Preparing tenders/proposals for new work including the development of project budgets and proposal documentation.
- Managing projects, staff and sub-contractors and associated project budgets.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, coach and review the work performance of project team members.
What we offer ?
- Full time position located in Murarrie with onsite car parking available.
- Proactive, friendly and efficient workplace atmosphere
- Attractive salary in line with level and experience with potential for growth as the business grows.
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for this role against minimum requirements, key tasks and responsibilities. Please note no agency applications will be accepted and applicants must be a resident of Australia. Queries can be directed to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Civil and Geotechnical Engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.