Kembla Grange Racecourse is currently looking for passionate, motivated and enthusiastic chefs.
Kembla Grange Racecourse is a picturesque thoroughbred race track and events venue located amongst farmland at the base of the Illawarra escarpment.
This position is ideal as it is minimal night & weekend shifts with no split shifts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Develop and bring to life Kembla grange racecourse’s food service
- Implement Kembla Grange Racecourse’s food service guidelines
- Competently organize food preparation as instructed
- Maintain fridges – keep clean, organized and products dated
- Maintain dry store area – keep clean, organized and clearly labelled
- Communicate with Chefs regarding stock
- Complete Apprentice Chef Course work as required
- Provide regular input on menu items, specials
- Be able to take direction when required from other Managers / Supervisors / Chefs
- Ensure all communications between bar and kitchen run smoothly and with respect
- Demonstrate a creative flair with food
Develop and implement Kembla Grange Racecourse’s food safety program
- Preparation and service of food to Food Hygiene Standards
- Ensure proper stock rotation in all food storage areas
- Maintain all work areas in accordance with Food Hygiene Standards
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule for kitchens and storage areas
- Manage delivery and storage of goods (heavy lifting involved)
Manage food service costs
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared to the correct recipe and quantity
- Record all wastage and breakages
- All staff are responsible for fostering positive culture towards workplace, business and fellow employees.
This position involves:
- Flexibility with your position (i.e. help in other departments when required)
- Cleaning kitchens
- Flexibility with your roster
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Punctuality with a well groomed appearance at all times
- Dealing with customer questions and complaints where appropriate and in line with company policy
- Becoming familiar with Kembla Grange Racecourse, its services & events and being able to advise guests accordingly
- Reporting all accidents and hazards in your work area and complete all paperwork as required
(includes but is not limited to)
- Demonstrate passion and imagination for food.
- Interest in local produce
- Demonstrate communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Be able to take direction with speed and efficiency.
- Great attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to work alongside staff with respect and fairness
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Hours: The Chef will be expected to work weekends (as per conditions set out in individual contract) and evenings as required.
Uniform: You will be required to maintain a clean, neat & professional appearance at all times. Kembla Grange Racecourse will supply you with a Chefs uniform. It is your responsibility to have it clean for each shift. Black oil resistant closed in shoes/boots are to be worn. Hair is to be tied back and out of face. No jewellery, fake nails or facial piercings are permitted due to hygiene standards.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.