Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have earned the experience and expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval Defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany. Our business sits within Naval Vessels Lurssen (NVL) which is part of the wider Lurssen Group.
Luerssen Australia is engaged as the prime contractor to build 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Department of Defence over a 12 year period.
The successful applicants may be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for acting as a liaison between Engineering departments located in Germany, Engineering Project departments in Australia, Production Liaison department and subcontractors and shipbuilders in Australia.
- Execution of the requirement analysis for their respective systems
- Planning and monitoring of engineering activities with respect to capacity constraints within the department
- Inter-departmental collaboration and inter-project teamwork to manage interfaces and overlapping tasks
- Collaboration with Lead Engineers in Australia and Germany
- Monitoring and reporting of related engineering activities and its defined parts of the work breakdown structure
- Manage design drawings and engineering changes and notices relating to electrical.
- File Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Requests for Variance (RFVs).
- Participate in various Project related meetings
- Ensure communication with subcontractors, customer representatives and classification society DNV is undertaken.
- Lead the review process with respective clients relating to electrical activities
- Informing stakeholders of relevant design changes
- Recognised qualification in electrical engineering – Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Shipbuilding industry in a technical/electrical role
- Demonstrated experience with the design and integration of electrical systems on defence ships
- Knowledge of and experience in project management
- Intermediate to advance skills in the Microsoft suite of products, in particular Word and Excel
- Well- developed communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think laterally with problem solving ability
- Ability to self-manage and work to tight deadlines
- An ability to analyse and manage complex issues
- A strategic, pragmatic and collaborative approach to work
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please click the 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this role. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
Luerssen Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from Australian Defence Force Veterans.
- Are you an Australian Citizen?
- How many years experience do you have in the Defence/Shipbuilding sector?
- What is your annual salary expectation inclusive of super?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.