Type: Multiple Full Time, Part Time, and Night Shift Workers available
Location: Randwick NSW
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 3) + full salary packaging options available.
“Our purpose is to help disadvantaged young Australians to flourish.”
Noffs is looking for multiple Residential Support Workers to join our PALM Residential Drug & Alcohol Program to support young people aged 13-17 with serious alcohol and/or other drug-related difficulties. The successful candidates will work as a member of our multi-disciplinary team on the day-to-day program management and delivery in a residential therapeutic community, which includes group management and crisis intervention skills and organising positive recreational and educational activities.
Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
- Supervise the day-to-day running of the household, including allocation and supervision of residents' chores.
- Provide information and support as necessary to residents during their participation in the Program and in their preparation for re-entry into the community, including contact with families.
- Under supervision, and in line with the approved Program manual, facilitate group sessions.
- Provide and promote a safe and healthy environment which is free of harassment and which encourages a positive atmosphere.
- Implementing the general living skills component of the Program.
- Provide support to counsellors and others in the implementation of care plans for residents.
- Participate in staff meetings, professional supervision and in service training as required.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Qualifications and/or experience working with young people, preferably those with alcohol and other drug related difficulties.
- Capacity and willingness to work on a rotating shift basis, including day, evening, night and weekend shifts.
- Knowledge of and commitment to a therapeutic community model.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage clients positively while maintain own boundaries.
- Initiative, creativity and practical life skills to organise positive group and individual recreational and other activities.
- Group management and crisis intervention skills along with a mature, compassionate, common sense approach to conflict resolution.
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation and to the aims of the Ted Noffs Foundation.
- Successful candidates must have a current and valid NSW Working With Children Check prior to commencing employment.
- Current driver's licence and a good driving record.
Night Shift Role Specific Criteria:
- Regular availability for night shifts especially for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night shifts.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of government and community networks and service providers.
- Proficient in the use of client management systems.
- First Aid Certificate.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds. Further, Noffs welcomes applications from those with lived recovery experience.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK which must include a Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications must be received by 30 January 2022.
Please specify your availability in your application, whether you are applying for Full Time, Part Time, or Night Shift position.
Please note that rolling interviews will be performed. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point.
For further information, contact us at email@example.com. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.