About the business
Catering Industries Pty Ltd is a leading provider of contracted hospitality services (catering, cleaning and laundry) to Australia's health and aged care, education, government, corporate and resources sector. We currently employ over 1,600 personnel engaged in various operations in our active markets.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Chef/Cook to join our kitchen team at our client's aged care facilities in Tweed Heads South, NSW.
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 6:00am - 5:00pm
- Mondays 6:00am - 2:30pm
The Shift schedule may be subject to change
The successful candidate must provide a Police check ( or be willing to apply for one) and have received both doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Skills and experience
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role - aged care experience highly regarded.
- Reliable and punctual
- Collaborative and team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Empathy and respect towards aged care residents, staff and clients.
- The ability to work within a busy kitchen meeting tight deadlines.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Cook tasty home style meals for elderly residents
- Cleaning of kitchen area
- Adhering to and completing quality assurance documents
- Washing dishes in the main kitchen and plating of meals
- Assist the Chef Manager as required in preparation of food/beverages
Benefits and perks
The successful applicant will receive a competitive hourly rate plus penalty loadings as per Hospitality Award. You will also receive comprehensive training to perform your role in a satisfactory manner.
Access to our staff benefits program where you will have access to discounts to over 100+ retailers!
Why work with Catering Industries?
We are a family owned and operated business where our people are our backbone and it's their passion and dedication that has attributed to our substantial organic growth over the past 40 years. We emphasize a culture of service excellence, where our core values of CARE, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY & TRUST are expected of all employees.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.