Executive Support Officer
Position Vacant - Executive Support Officer
- Permanent, full-time role in a flexible, friendly and supportive culture
- Total Remuneration Package $77,377 (inclusive of superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Convenient city location, free onsite parking, full-time or part-time option
The Catholic Church in Australia is served by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (the Conference), the permanent collegial assembly of the Bishops of Australia.
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference exists to support the Conference, which meets at least annually, however is also a permanent institution that continues to operate between plenary sessions, comprising of the Permanent Committee, bishops' commissions, and the General Secretariat.
The Mission and Values of the Catholic Church of Australia are that work is for people, not people for work. Our Vision is that through work, individuals contribute to the common good and achieve fulfilment as human beings. The Church teaches that employees and employers are regarded as partners in their place of work and their respective roles. Mutual respect, esteem, and goodwill underpin the employment relationship. Employees are encouraged and enabled to see their work not merely as a source of income but as providing a service and a benefit to others in society.
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference is an equal employment opportunity employer and promotes and supports a family-friendly workplace, including flexible work options.
On offer is an ongoing competitively remunerated role, situated in a convenient central location in Braddon, ACT, with free onsite parking working in a great culture and team along with many other employee benefits.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the Executive Support Officer provides a wide range of support to the Executive Secretaries of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. This role could be either full-time or part-time and both options will be considered.
- Coordinating and providing executive support, including travel and accommodation bookings, diary management, and finalisation of documentation,
- Managing general correspondence including drafting acknowledgments and standard responses,
- Arranging meetings including drafting agendas, tracking meeting invitations, taking minutes of meetings, distribution of meeting papers, filing and archiving,
- Processing payments, donations, enquiries, and online shop orders,
- Arranging conference facilities including meeting room bookings, event management, catering, and accommodation,
- Assisting the Executive and ICT Support Officer during absences and times of peak activity, and
- General administrative and executive support, as needed.
While this role is advertised as a full-time opportunity, we are willing to consider flexible alternatives to attract the right candidate, including part-time. Please indicate your full-time or part-time preference in your cover letter and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
We are seeking a dedicated and conscientious Executive Support Officer who has a range of skills to join our administration team based in Braddon ACT.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of successfully delivering best practices and quality to your employer, team and customers, who thrives on building relationships and providing service excellence.
Proactive with a keen eye for detail and the ability to balance multiple priorities while possessing a can-do attitude; ideal candidates will have proven and demonstrated experience providing a wide range of administrative services and office duties using Microsoft Office in a small team without close supervision.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applicants are required to submit a current resume along with a cover letter demonstrating knowledge, skills, and experience as listed in the Position Description.
The Position Description can be accessed here: https://employmentrelations.catholic.org.au/positions-vacant-2018
Please note only applications that include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria questions will be considered.
Enquiries regarding this role can be addressed to: Sarah.Clausen@catholic.org.au
Applications close 9 am Monday the 14th of February 2022.
If you meet the selection criteria and you're interested in contributing to a purposeful employer that values its people, complete the application process by clicking Apply Button, and we'll be in touch.
Additional Information for Applicants
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia and may be required to provide a Working with Children Check or a suitable Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference respects your privacy. In applying for this position, you will be providing the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference with personal including sensitive information. To find out more about how we will treat this information, please access our privacy collection notice from www.employmentrelations.catholic.org.au
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference regards its child protection responsibilities with the utmost importance. Our Safeguarding Policy can be accessed from: www.employmentrelations.catholic.org.au
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.