Guerrilla is a full-service agency based at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. As a collection of passionate professionals, we fuel our mastery with empathy, guiding clients towards achieving tangible results through exceptional experiences.
In other words — we connect people and brands.
We're looking for an experienced and design-driven senior creative to join our team on a full-time contract. This is the chance to be part of our positive and collaborative environment and work with some of the most exciting regional, national and global brands.
About the role
We create authentic and engaging brands and brand experiences through all mediums. Designers at Guerrilla are given a wide scope to develop and refine their craft and are encouraged to research and conceptualise design experiences in line with the latest trends.
You’d be leading a team of creatives spanning UX/UI design, motion and video, and graphic design. Day-to-day you’d be providing the team with creative direction, ideation, problem-solving, mentoring, and quality assurance. Experience and confidence in leading a creative team, presenting to clients, and across multiple design mediums is essential. More broadly, you’d be working closely with Directors and senior team members across strategy, media, content, development, and account services.
We're on the hunt for a senior creative/designer with deep agency experience encompassing brand development, digital, UX, print, outdoor, motion/video, and ideation. You'll need 8+ years of agency experience with a strong eye for detail across design, layout, typography, photography, copy, and a portfolio that demonstrates your capability and experience. This role would suit a senior designer/creative that’s ready to take the next step in their career, or a Creative Director looking for a new challenge, leading a team while defining a growing agency’s creative output.
- A strong design portfolio in branding, including brand development, brand refresh and brand extension
- Broad experience working with notable brands, working to brand standards across mediums
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to think creatively and strategically on behalf of clients
- Effectively work within a multidisciplinary and digitally focussed team
- Professional ability to give and take constructive feedback
- Willingness and ability to be on the tools to develop concepts and communicate creative direction to clients and team
- Ability to time-manage effectively
- Understanding of, and experience in; branding, layout, colour theory and typography across mediums
- Ability to take a project from initial brief through to concept and creative production and output
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring your team’s output is to the highest standard
- Able to confidently pitch/present and influence clients while establishing working relationships
- Ability to deliver purposeful and confident feedback to your team to achieve the required outcomes
- Work closely with Directors, Managers, and our team in daily workflows
- Have a good temperament for both mentoring and working within a team
- Willingness to go above and beyond to deliver a project
- Bring positivity and encouragement to the team through a considerate and collaborative approach
- Experience refreshing and developing brand identities and manuals
- Ability to ideate creative copy for short-form applications such as headlines while collaborating with our copywriter
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience and skills working with production teams on photography and video shoots
Yes, we partner with exceptional clients. But our biggest victory is our team. Packed full of industry professionals from across the world, they’re a wonderful mix of personalities, cultures, languages, food preferences, and of course, specialisms. It’s our super-power, as every day brings unique challenges and opportunities our team thrives on.
On top of a competitive salary, positive culture, and an unbeatable coastal lifestyle, we also offer day-to-day perks, social events, and free local parking. If cycling’s more your thing, secure storage and on-site showers are available. And for the surfers out there, we’ll even give your board a safe place to stay.
To learn more about Guerrilla, visit www.guerrilla.com.au
Note, this is a full-time maximum term contract.
Guerrilla is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all applications. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Design Lead?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.