We are looking for an experienced and savvy Office Manager who is organised and wants to own a broad range of administration and business support tasks.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our small dynamic office where your professionalism, initiative and office skills will be very welcome. You will have plenty of room to be creative and management is always open to new ideas.
With demonstrated success in delivering the functions of this role, you will have a minimum five years of experience working in in a similar role, preferably in a non-profit or church environment.
Your part-time role (twenty hours – five hrs. x four days or four hrs. x five days) will include providing a full range of office management duties – e.g.
- all administration responsibilities to ensure effective business operations.
- provide administrative support to the Minister Aspley Uniting Church and to various Church Committees.
- Manage, utilise, and maintain social networking platforms (Facebook), email and website.
- act as an important contact point between the community and Aspley Uniting Church.
- coordinate, collect and distribute of all church communications.
- manage regular and new bookings for use of Church facilities.
This is an autonomous role, and you need to be comfortable being independent and making decisions.
To successfully undertake the role, you will:
- demonstrate strong people management and a high-level of communication skills.
- possess intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and be competent in the use of office equipment.
- be willing to work within the philosophy and ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- be well organised with the ability to prioritise projects and tasks.
- like working autonomously and as part of a small team.
- have strong attention to detail, accuracy in key deliverables, time, and project management.
- have (or be willing to apply for) a national positive criminal history check.
Aspley Uniting Church serves its local community and is combined with a focus on early childhood education and caring for others through service. Its reputation is founded on respect and trust and supported by an extensive track record of understanding and supporting people from all walks of life.
If you have a high level of interpersonal communication skills and office management experience; are self-directed with organisational and problem-solving skills, then this could be just the job for you.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience that make you the ideal person for this role.
Applications close 5pm 24 January 2022
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an office manager?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.