Chief Financial Officer
Tattarang is one of Australia’s largest private investment groups with a portfolio that spans across agri-food, energy, resources, property and lifestyle. The group is made up of six business divisions: Fiveight, Harvest Road, SFM Marine, Squadron Energy, Wyloo Metals and Z1Z. We believe in investing for growth and pursue opportunities in both the listed and unlisted space with a long-term investment horizon.
Squadron Energy is an Australian resources company focused on projects in natural resources and renewable energy. We believe Australia needs to transition to renewable energy to safeguard a sustainable future so we invest in initiatives, research, technologies and projects that will support and accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy.
About the Role
As an active member of the Executive Team, reporting to the CEO, the CFO will help shape corporate strategy and provide financial and commercial advice to identify opportunities that deliver sustainable growth.
This will include further development of financial and management reporting, risk assessment and analysis to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance, and importantly, meaningful insights to inform decision making at both an executive and operational level.
- Financial growth, optimisation and corporate governance of Squadron Energy
- Directing the establishment of financial/accounting principles, procedures, and practices in line with legal and corporate requirements.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for the whole organisation so as to provide a clear insight into its financial condition.
- Advising on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions and divestment of assets or businesses.
- Advising on appropriate capital structures for projects and investments.
- Provide financial oversight to teams responsible for significant capital expenditure on energy infrastructure projects.
- Providing analysis to support internal audit and risk management.
- Ensuring that the profits of the organisation are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls, implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures.
- Implementing policies to ensure the security of funds and assets, capital expenditure, guiding the lodgement of tax and other returns to comply with all statutory requirements, and administering insurance cover and claims.
You are a high calibre finance executive with a strong commercial orientation & strategic mindset with proven success in building & managing high performing teams
You will hold formal qualifications (ACA/CA/CPA or equivalent) with at least 15 years practical experience in financial planning, reporting and control.
You are a values-based leader with a collaborative leadership style
You possess significant relevant industry experience (energy, utilities, renewables, infrastructure). Capital project experience is preferred but not essential. Experience in debt capital markets is also preferable
You will have a hands-on practical mindset and willingness to do the work rather than direct others
You have a high level of commercial acumen with the ability to organise and control major accounting systems
You will have developed interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and ability to work with and for a small team including non-finance executives and support staff.
Are you prepared to be challenged and stretched in ways you have never considered?
Are you ready to be accountable in an impact and results driven organisation?
Are you up for the challenge?
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are up for the challenge!
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.