About the Role
The Employment Coach is responsible for the case management of an allocated caseload of customers with the objective of finding them employment. The role will consist of case management with a focus on improving the customers’ capacity to work by stabilising non-vocational issues and building vocational skills and experience.
The role will also include undertaking ‘reverse marketing’ of customers to suitable employers and running of group based job search sessions to motivate and promote further job placements for customers. The right person for this role will possess a genuine passion for recruitment and working with those in need, an ability to meet individual targets and contribution to a strong site team. There will also be a strong focus on generating suitable vacancies and job referrals to place our customers into.
We have multiple roles available at our Port Augusta site and are being offered on a full time, ongoing basis.
Why come and join Workskil Australia?
- Work a 9-day fortnight
- Salary Packaging options
- Internal career progression
- Great working culture
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
- Gain a Certificate IV in Employment Services or Career Development in your first 12 months of employment
To be successful in the role you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a passion and drive for helping people find employment;
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of customers, employers and staff;
- Demonstrate the ability to assess, match and refer customers to appropriate job opportunities and to advocate directly to employers;
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve individual targets and work to clearly defined KPIs;
- Demonstrate a minimum typing speed of 30 WPM;
- Demonstrate strong administration skills and IT literacy, data entry and typing skills, Word, Excel and Outlook experience;
- Demonstrate attention to detail ability to work under pressure; and
- Demonstrate previous experience in the employment services or call centre industry or similar will be highly regarded.
You will also be required to:
- Have a minimum Certificate IV in Employment Services or Career Development or willingness to undertake study; and
- Have experience in Employment Services or a related Service industry.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with almost 40 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We promote a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. We look for employees who have a genuine passion for working with those in need, are results-focused and can contribute to a strong team. In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
We work hard every day to:
- Work with our Customers to secure great long-term job opportunities.
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and we strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
About your Application
For your application, please include both a cover letter and resume. Your letter should set out why you are the appropriate candidate for the role. For ease of upload, we encourage you to combine these into one file as a pdf or word document. Please also note that a psychometric assessment is part of the application process, so please allow yourself approximately 15 minutes to complete your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and other checks that may be a requirement of the position. To learn more about working at Workskil Australia head to https://www.workskil.com.au/about-us/work-with-us/
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or have disability. We deliver a range of employment and community services to children, young people and their families and are committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people in the delivery of these services.
Report this job advert
Customer Service Representative courses
Want the right skills for the job? Prepare for Customer Service Representative roles with an industry-led course.
- Learn in-demand skills from leaders in education
- Browse qualifications that current Customer Service Representatives have studied
- Try free online courses for beginners