- Long term career prospects
- Family friendly hours - Monday to Friday – every weekend free;
- Local family owned and operated business for over 45 years;
- Salary sacrificing packages available
About the Company
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment is Queensland’s leading solutions provider for all things pumping and water treatment and have the expertise and experience to provide our clients with solutions, no matter how big or small the issue or project is.
Family owned and run for over 45 years, we have qualified personnel able to assist across various industries including industrial, commercial, mining, domestic and agricultural with branches located in Mackay (head office), Brisbane, Rockhampton and Proserpine. We pride ourselves on being family focused with a company culture driven by values that help our employees exceed, learn and grow within the pumping and water treatment industries.
About the Role
Enjoy the flexibility of lifestyle based hours and being able to collect the kids from school or go fishing afterwork! Based in our Mackay head office this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to enhance their skills and knowledge working on various types of pumps and pumping equipment from various markets, including, Domestic, Industrial and Agricultural.
- Operate and demonstrate strong competence in CNC machining
- Operate manual lathe and milling machine
- Plan your job and work unsupervised
- Read technical drawing specifications and tolerances
- Be able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate mechanical experience and aptitude beneficial to troubleshoot and problem solve issues relating to a wide range of pumps and pumping equipment
- Complete service reports involving computer literacy requirement
- Have initiative, work independently and within a team
- Communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Adhere to strict safety standards, follow corporate work procedures and policies
- Be a qualified Trades Person – Fitter and/or Machinist
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ machining & mechanical trade experience (CNC machining, trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance)
- Hold a current manual Driver’s Licence (MR Licence an advantage)
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia
- Supply own hand tools
Experience and current competencies / qualifications an advantage:
- Forklift licence
- MR/HR licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?