Penguin Random House is the world's largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
We have an opportunity for Sustainability Officer to join our North Sydney based team.
In this exciting, newly created role, you will support the Sales and Operations Director in leading our sustainability ambitions and oversee ethical sourcing. Working across the business and with external suppliers you will establish standards and ensure we remain compliant to these standards by monitoring and measuring our results against our goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Aid in the development and implementation of our sustainability initiatives
- Contributing to the preparation of sustainability strategies
- Scoping, implementing, assessing and reporting on an appropriate sustainability framework that includes business policy, processes and procedures
- Supporting the development and delivery of innovative projects that demonstrate leading practice for the Publishing industry and drive innovation in sustainability
- Making recommendations to the Sustainability Project Team to ensure continuous improvements in our efforts
- Building and maintaining networks across the business and with consultancy services, suppliers and government departments
- Maintaining databases and dashboards to track and report on our environmental performance
- Developing, coordinating, monitoring, communicating and reporting on all environmental programs with both internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent research, analytical, report writing skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience dealing with data collection, analysis and tracking to metrics
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations and standards
- Experience using Tableau, Business Objects or Business Intelligence beneficial but not essential
Penguin Random House is the world's largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at https://www.penguin.com.au/ and https://www.penguin.co.nz/.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
Company: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
State/Region: New South Wales
City: North Sydney
Postal Code: 2060
Job ID: 217507