About the Role:
As a Consunet Applied Scientist you will perform a vital role with the use of your intelligent agent-based modelling knowledge to support our research and development into information warfare command and control applications. The role will consist of researching innovative ideas and algorithms, supporting the development, and demonstration of tools and applications to support command and control in the information warfare domain. You will be working within an agile environment with a team of professionals including scientists, mathematicians and software developers to achieve the organisations research goals. The applied research of the project you will be undertaking is in the application of advanced computational methods (Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agent-Based Modelling) to a problem domain requiring decision and planning support.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence – intelligent agent-based modelling.
- Understanding of algorithm development and modelling using Python or Java or similar languages with good exposure to principles of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in mathematics, especially techniques for multi-criteria solutions and maximal resilience, understand real time solvability, complex algorithm development and the ability to apply resulting concepts to solving problems emerging in information warfare command and control.
- Provide support to our in-house software development team in the form of implementation guidance.
- You are an adaptable individual who can communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable with presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences such as internal and external stakeholders.
- Postgraduate within Artificial Intelligence are preferred, however established equivalent expertise will be considered
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Background in Artificial Intelligence, in particular intelligent agent-based modelling
- Understanding of distributed and complex systems
- Government/Defence Industry experience
- Recommending and designing technical solutions
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Experience working in teams applying Agile software engineering best practices
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. Please attach a cover letter summarising your experience when applying.
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with machine learning techniques?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Artificial Intelligence Developer?