NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre, Zetland
Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Woolloomooloo
Cook+Phillip Park Pool, Sydney
Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Ultimo
Prince Alfred Park Pool, Surry Hills
Victoria Park Pool, Broadway
- Do you have energy, enthusiasm and a desire to help people?
- Are you a people-person who can foster a safe but fun environment with swimming students, parents and carers?
- Are you able to teach people of all ages and abilities about water safety and how to swim?
- Would you like to work in some of Sydney’s most iconic locations?
Belgravia Leisure has been awarded a three-year contract to manage the City of Sydney’s iconic leisure and aquatic centres. In managing these centres it employs people in roles such as lifeguards, learn to swim instructors, fitness coaches, centre management, and corporate functions.
About the Role
We are looking for Learn to Swim Instructors, able to provide exceptional swimming lessons to groups, schools and individuals. Working within swimming program guidelines, we need people who can create a safe, fun and educational environment, in which students progressively learn to swim.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
We have both Part Time and Casual positions available.
Skills & Attributes
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Passion for water safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of guests
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Current AustSwim Certificate (or equivalent)
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate (Desirable) (or equivalent)
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire. Are you Interested?
What’s more, being in the City of Sydney’s local government area, our pools are located in some of Sydney’s most beautiful locations including the Royal Botanical Gardens, Prince Alfred Park and Victoria Park.
Our participant mix is also very diverse and includes school and university students, inner city dwellers, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those aged over 55. We also work in partnership with a range of community organisations intent on helping people see swimming as a means of restorative physical and mental health.
If you are a parent with part-time availability, a person returning to the workforce and/or someone who is looking for a great role that helps people learn, and connects them to leisure, we’d love to hear from you.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework [link removed]. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.