About the Role:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Experience with Java Streaming and Java Networking.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of Java Swing applications.
- Experience designing, implementing, documenting, and supporting software solutions.
- Proficient understanding of source code management tools such as Git and one of GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate and transfer knowledge across teams to deliver key project initiatives.
- Australian citizen (note: permanent residents or VISA holders are not eligible for this role due to Federal Government security requirements).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing applications using Java Swing.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Developing and designing modular data processing pipelines.
- Familiarity with Computer/Network Security tools or concepts.
- Experience in Agile methodology and use case development.
- Familiarisation with automated software build systems (e.g. Apache Ant, Gradle).
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for Defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. Please attach a cover letter summarising your experience when applying.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a java developer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?