About the Role:
As a talented Python developer, you will join a small team working closely with our customer to develop automated network analysis and threat detection software to provide a state-of-the-art cyber security solution.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant discipline
- Full stack development experience (backend, database, web UI)
- Demonstrated Python development experience
- Experience using Software Configuration Management tools (e.g. Git) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools (e.g. Bamboo or Travis)
- Experience with Linux and Linux development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with small client-facing teams
- Australian citizen (note: permanent residents or VISA holders are not eligible for this role due to Federal Government security requirements).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with backend database design and implementation across a variety of platforms (preferably ElasticSearch and SQL)
- Familiarity with containerized web application development and deployment tools, such as Docker
- Experience developing software to process data pipelines and message queues
- Familiarity with virtual infrastructure such as VMWare vSphere
- Knowledge of cyber security tools or concepts
- An interest in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning concepts.
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for Defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. Please attach a cover letter summarising your experience when applying.
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- What's your expected annual base salary?