About the business
Victoria Daly Regional Council (VDRC) is a vibrant and energetic organisation, delivering a range of local government services and programs to residents of the beautiful stunning communities within the Victoria Daly Region covering an area of 168,277Km2.
Victoria Daly Regional Council have five goals to deliver its vision of
"Moving Forward Together"
- Financial Sustainability
- Good Governance
- To meet the expectations of the communities we serve
- To provide employment to Indigenous people in our community
- To maintain and develop Council's assets
Council have developed a number of strategies across the organisation to drive the delivery of these goals.
Council Offices are located in each of our 5 Communities
- Pine Creek
- Nauiyu / Daly River
- Timber Creek
- Yarralin Walangeri
- Kalkarindji / Daguragu\
About the role
- Permanent Full Time - 76 Hours Per Fortnight
- Katherine, Regional Office NT
- Level 4.1 Indicative $66,653.46 Plus 10% Super
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave With 17.5% Leave Loading
- 10 days Personal Leave
- Remote Area Allowance
Work with the ICT Service Delivery Manager to monitor and maintain Councils ICT devices and systems including the ICT asset management register. This position will also undertake the Councils annual stocktake on all Council assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of new systems, processes and standards.
- Assist with ICT project roll out ensuring Council needs are being met.
- Provide access assistance and ensure users have the appropriate access for the Councils IT systems as required.
- Monitor and maintain Councils ICT devices, systems including IT asset management register.
- Liaise and assist the Councils Technical Support team and Telstra with testing, installation and queries.
- Monitor the Councils CSG printing and Leasing Account.
- Undertake Councils annual stock take ensuring registers are up to date.
- Ensure that proper Work Health & Safety regulations set by the Council are adhered to.
- Comply with all Council policies and procedures.
- Certificate IV in ICT or Business Administration or equivalent or previous experience in the ICT field (essential)
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to participate as part of a team and to work co-operatively with Council Executive, staff members and peers in achieving objectives.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Good interpersonal skills, a friendly disposition and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated competency in ICT management and configuration.
- Demonstrated skills in ICT procurement and maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of Work Health & Safety.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Criminal History Check (recent within 3 months)