Disability Employment Consultant - Jurien Bay and surrounding towns
With over 30 years’ experience of providing high quality disability services across the Wheatbelt and Metropolitan area, Essential Personnel is a not for profit organisation assisting customers to achieve their goals and live a great life. We do this by living our mission of Supporting people to achieve their goals by putting their abilities first. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to each individual and this is reflected in our performance results.
We are looking for a Disability Employment Consultant to join the team and work with People with Disability, assisting them to source and maintain meaningful employment.
About the Role
- Assist customers with various disabilities prepare for work and understand the requirements of employment and employers' expectations.
- Assist customers to gain confidence, skills and references in order to become job ready.
- Liaise with employers to secure work experience and/or employment for the customers.
- Represent both customer and employer in an ongoing employment relationship.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with relevant agencies that work for all parties
- Maintain customer information according to the Disability Service Standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong desire to work with individuals with disability.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- A positive attitude, be a creative thinker and have innovation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to address Selection Criteria
- Establish good rapport with clients and employers.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills that can relate to a diverse range of key stakeholders.
- A current Driver's Licence
- A current Police Check (National Police Certificate) and Working with Children
What we offer
- Meaningful contribution to our vision of creating futures and changing lives.
- Collaborative and supportive team.
- Part Time hours working in and around Jurien Bay and surrounding towns including Cervantes, Lancelin, Green Head.
- Salary consistent with Employment Services Officer Grade 2 in the Labour Market Assistance Industry Award at a rate of $27.69 per hour.
- Salary Sacrifice options including maximum of $15,900 per year and meal entertainment facility.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible working arrangements (Incl. work from home).
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply by submitting your resume with a cover letter addressing the essential criteria above (see About You).
For any questions relating to this role, please contact Matthew Howell on 0491 298 159.
Please note: Shortlisting will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for employment.
Essential Personnel is committed to improving employment opportunities and outcomes for people with diverse backgrounds and encourage people with different cultural backgrounds, those with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. As a measure to achieve equality and support, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?