Permanent Ongoing or Casual Work
On-the-job training provided
COVID-19 Essential Employment
My Ability Australia is committed to a continuous pathway of improvement and will always endeavour to strive towards best industry practices and progression in all aspects of the organisation.
At My Ability Australia, we take pride in being an organisation who are involved with the NDIS who have Lived Experience.
We are now seeking multiple Support Workers. You may be experienced Support Workers or Personal Trainers, Emergency Service Workers, Nurses, Hotel Staff, Bakers, Labourers or any other profession where you are looking for a career change to become SIL Home and/or Community Support Staff with us, to provide quality support and care to our continuously growing number of clients.
What we can do for you:
In addition to your pay, you will have the option to Salary Package up to $15,899 for general living expenses plus $2,650 for dining and accommodation per Fringe Benefit Tax year. You will also have access to novated vehicle leasing (including running costs) and salary package work-related electronic devices, saving more of your pre-tax dollars.
We can provide you with ongoing secure employment within a vibrant and encouraging environment and an attractive remuneration. You will have access to learning and development opportunities, flexibility and wellbeing for work-life balance, as well as an active workplace social culture.
If you have a copy of the following essential criteria with your application, you will be favoured:
- A passion for helping people with their health, fitness, development and well-being
- Outgoing, engaging, enthusiastic and caring personality
- Team player, leader, strong communication and open to continuing to learn new idea’s and skills
- Cert III or Cert IV qualified (or working towards)
- Ability to build relationships fast
- First Aid (3 years from issue date)
- CPR (1 year from issue date)
- NDIS Worker Clearance Check or DCSI Disability Screening (3 years from issue date)
- Working with Children Check (5 years from issue date)
- Police Check (within 6 months)
- Right to Work in Australia
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status Certification
- Assist with Medications
You are adaptable and resilient, have a positive and person-centred approach, qualified and motivated with experience in supporting participants with challenging behaviours. You will aid with all aspects of daily living in supported accommodation including meals, prompting of personal care, domestic duties, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
This is a hands-on role, suitable for active individuals. Above all else, we seek team members who strive to develop genuine relationships with not only the people they support but also other staff members.
- Experience with working with people with complex behaviours is highly recommended including Autism & Mental Health Comorbidities.
- Availability to work a various range of shifts.
If you want to be involved and are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and inspirational environment, please apply via SEEK by providing a covering letter, including your responses to the above criteria and your current resume.
Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, please contact our HR Department on 7077 4200 or email at email@example.com
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?