Program Manager- Member Education and Engagement
Program Manager - Member Education and Engagement
SA Sports Medicine Association
$60,000 -$72,000 + Super - Full time
SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) is a multi-disciplinary membership-based organisation inclusive of all medical and allied health professions, and sports trainers with an interest in sport and recreation. We provide professional development and education services in community health and wellbeing to the sporting community and broader industry. We are a not-for-profit community education and industry service provider.
We promote and support safe involvement in Sport, Exercise and Activity at all levels and ages through connecting and informing our valued members, the community and our partners. We aim to build a network of integral partnerships across sport, government and business, creating a safe and dynamic environment for active communities.
About the role
The Program Member - Member Education and Engagement reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for coordinating, managing and expanding the services offered to members, increasing the accessibility of the education programs throughout South Australia. Event management and coordination, and presenting at key events is paramount to this position.
The role provides direction and leadership across the SA Sports Medicine Industry and Community.
- Oversee and develop member services to meet the growing and changing needs of the membership base.
- Build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify new members and liaise with existing partners to grow membership services.
- Guide and provide support to the Education Working Party and the conveyor of the Sports Medicine in General Practice Course to ensure efficient and effective coordination of the Professional Members Education Program, Student Education program and Sports Medicine in General Practice Course.
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery of the Sports Medicine annual conference (professional members) in conjunction with the Education Working Party and Council.
- Apply and submit documentation for the RACGP/other accreditation processing as requested.
Sports Trainer and Community Education
- Oversee the development, promotion and delivery of the annual SASMA Sports Trainer Education Program and Community Program
- Identify new and engage with existing partners to grow the Sports Trainer Education Program and Community Program with the view of enhancing income streams for ongoing sustainability of this program.
- Review, develop and coordinate the Level 1 and Level 2 Sports Trainers Courses;
- Develop and coordinate new and ongoing Professional Development opportunities for sports trainers including via the online Sports Trainers Portal, a regular newsletter and workshops;
- Presenting and assessing at Sports Trainers Courses, Community Courses and workshops;
- Support and grow the Sports Trainer Ambassador Group
- Assist with logistics supporting education/other events;
- Train and recruit new course facilitators;
This role would suit someone with previous experience in managing events and in facilitating and delivering education and membership programs. A demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers, including the ability to speak and present in public is essential for the role. Relevant Tertiary Education Qualification preferably in a Sport and Recreation, Health or Education area is desirable, but not essential depending on experience. Social media knowledge and basic graphic design skills are desirable.
The position is full time (75 hours per fortnight) with out of hours / weekend work required (toil negotiated) and will commence with a two year contract (6 month probationary period). The successful applicant will be based in the SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) office within the grounds of the Office for Recreation and Sport at 27 Valetta Road, Kidman Park.
For the full job description, selection criteria and application process go to
Or please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful the candidate will be required to undertake a DHS/DCSI Working with Children Check.
All applications must be submitted in one single document and include:
1. A cover letter that outlines the candidate’s skills and experience highlighting the Selection Criteria (no more than 3 pages) as highlighted in the job description.
2. A current resume, including no less than 3 professional references including recent supervisor.
Applications that fail to address the selection criteria (as clearly outlined in point 1 above) will not be considered for this role.
For further information please contact Danielle Grant-Cross on 08 8234 6369 or at email@example.com (confidentiality assured).
Applications should be marked confidential and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and titled: SASMA Project Officer Member Education and Engagement.
Applications close 5:00pm (ACDT) Wednesday 10th August 2022.
Please note: the SA Sports Medicine Association reserves the right to close applications at any stage of the recruitment process if we feel we have received a sufficiently strong candidate group. If you are intending to apply, please do so now to avoid missing out on this opportunity.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project officer?
- Do you have customer service experience?