Ballarat & District Aboriginal Co-operative (BADAC)
Established in 1979 by the Ballarat Aboriginal community in the Ballarat district, BADAC's vision is to be the strongest voice and presence in the Ballarat area, supporting and respecting their people, enhancing our community, growing their culture and honouring their heritage. BADAC is the Aboriginal Community-Controlled Organisation (ACCO) for the Ballarat and District area, covering 4 local government areas (LGAs). The organisation is extremely proud of the contribution and support they have provided the local Aboriginal community over the past 40 years delivering a comprehensive range of health, social, welfare and community development programs to local Aboriginal people.
Ballarat and District Aboriginal Co-operative exists to achieve self-determination for the Aboriginal community, enabling stronger families by ensuring equal opportunities in health, housing, education, employment and justice through a holistic and culturally relevant approach.
We currently have an opportunity for a committed Fleet Administrator to join our IT & Operations Team on a Permanent Part Time Basis.
Reporting to the IT & Operations Manager, the Fleet Administrator will be supporting the Manager and Fleet & IT Co-Ordinator in various duties assisting with the organisation's fleet and IT operations.
The role of Fleet Administrator is to ensure the affective administration duties relevant to the fleet vehicles across the organisation. Fleet Administration will include the monitoring of fleet booking system, vehicle availability, service and service records.
The Fleet Administrator will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organisational skills and willing to learn/have a sound knowledge of Aboriginal culture and an ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Car Booking System is up to date, allowing daily operations to run smoothly including but not limited to Car Booking System, Car Cleaning Roster, Servicing of Fleet Vehicles and Monitoring of odometer readings.
- Maintain cleanliness/tidiness of BADAC Car Fleet
- Assures compliance with timely accident and vehicle damage reporting requirements and vehicle safety inspections.
- Report any breach of fleet vehicle policy by employees.
- Maintain appropriate insurance policies for all vehicles and ensure vehicles are correctly registered each year
- Ensure employee driver’s license are received and updated as required.
- Following up with staff members when the license expires.
- Maintaining road compliance across BADAC’s Fleet, liaising with VicRoads where needed.
- Other duties to assist Fleet & IT Coordinator and Operations & IT Manager as required in dealings with operations and events.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A sound knowledge of Aboriginal culture & society, an ability to communicate effectively & sensitively with people and external service providers is an important pre-requisite.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal & Non-Aboriginal stakeholders and have a demonstrated knowledge & understanding/ willing to learn about Koorie culture.
- Proficient typing with other computer skills & a working knowledge of information technology applications.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise day to day tasks.
Other Relevant Information:
- It will be a requirement to actively participate in general staff meetings & any other relevant forums, including staff development sessions.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to BADACs compliance policy which includes:
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Must hold a current Victorian Driver’s License.
- BADAC is committed to the ongoing Professional Development of all its employees & encourages them to attend educational activities that will enhance the employee’s ability to perform their tasks.
- The employee will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement at commencement of employment.
To be considered for roles with BADAC you will need to have (or be willing to have) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children check Clearance.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our dedicated team of professionals who are committed to helping our community whilst enjoying a great work / life balance.
If this sounds like the sort of opportunity you would be interested in, please click 'Apply Now' .
Please Note: All applications will require applicants to provide a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria above and a copy of their resume. Applications without the required documents will not be accepted.
Applications close Friday 5th August 2022.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
BADAC is a Child Safe organisation and all employees are expected to adhere to our Child Safe Guidelines.
BADAC is committed to diversity in employment aiming to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we operate in. We foster a workplace culture in which LGBTI employees feel included, safe and supported.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Fleet Administrator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?