Project/Program Manager - Medical Device Product Development
Cylite is an exciting late-stage start-up company driving innovation on 3D optical imaging instruments for applications in ophthalmology and optometry. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, have a diverse and highly competent workforce, and are the winners of multiple industry awards. If you can bring the Program and Project Management skills and experience that we are looking for, then we can welcome you onto our enthusiastic and collaborative team.
About the role
You will work closely with Cylite’s VP of Engineering (and directly with the CEO at certain times) in ensuring that our key strategic projects can be delivered on time and on budget. Projects are primarily technical in nature and draw resources from multiple disciplines and groups. You will help take complex high-technology devices through the product development lifecycle from concept to customer and on to manufacturing scale up.
- Taking the lead on the planning, facilitation, and delivery of projects
- Defining and tracking of project’s milestones, schedule, resource, scope, and risk
- Identifying, mobilising, and actively managing those resources that are allocated from across the company
- Implementing scope or other changes, if necessary
- Creation and triage of tasks (at the project level) in our Jira-based issue tracking system
- Working collaboratively with contributors from R&D, Engineering, NPI, Production and other groups, both management and team members.
- Managing stakeholders - both internal and client - and reporting to them on progress against key milestones or stage gates
- Providing timely identification of project risks and implementation of mitigation strategies
- Mentorship of other staff as they develop their own project management skillset
- At least 5 years Program or Project Management experience in a technology-based or product development field.
- A demonstrable track record of successful project delivery.
- Tertiary degree qualified in a technical, software, or scientific field
- Qualifications (or equivalent experience) in one or more established project management methodologies, such as: Agile, PMP, PRINCE2, RegPM
- High level of competency with Microsoft Project; ideally with Atlassian Jira
- Proactive and self-driven; takes ownership.
- Solid organizational skills; can plan and prioritize effectively to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Rigorous with respect to breadth of coverage and to the capture of important details.
- Excellent ability to communicate cross-functionally with key stakeholders both within and external to the business.
- Sensitive and adaptable to a growing and scaling environment.
- Systems Engineering experience especially with regards the management of requirements and configurations.
- Experience of the Product Development Lifecycle and/or Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of the Medical Device development process and the quality and regulatory requirements this has.
Join the team
If you would like to apply, please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and please - no uninvited calls to our office.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?