Lakehouse Capital is looking for an experienced Operations Analyst to join our growing investment management business. Lakehouse Capital is the investment manager of two managed funds, both of which are long-only and offered in Australia and New Zealand. Lakehouse launched in November 2016 and now has around $450 million in funds under management from a diverse investor base.
The Lakehouse Global Growth Fund, which launched in November 2017, is focused on growing mid- and large-cap companies listed in developed markets. The Lakehouse Small Companies Fund, which launched in November 2016, is focused on fast-growing small companies listed in Australia and New Zealand.
Lakehouse stands out from other investment managers for its long-term focus, growth orientation, differentiated investment process, diverse investor base, and strong backing via its US-based parent company, The Motley Fool. Lakehouse and its parent company value diversity of all stripes, and a healthy work-life balance, with all Lakehouse employees owning equity in The Motley Fool.
We’re looking for an experienced Operations Analyst to join the business operations team.
The right person for this role is an experienced operator who wants to play a meaningful role in a growing funds business. They’re proactive, embrace challenges, and see solutions where others see problems. The right fit for this role takes a holistic view of job satisfaction and prioritises professional growth, a fun and dynamic work environment, and an attractive work/life balance.
We are a virtual first organization, meaning there’s considerable flexibility as to the successful candidate’s work location, including from our office in the Sydney CBD. Candidates must currently reside in-country or currently have the proper visa to work in Australia.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for oversight of external fund administrator’s work such as reviewing accuracy of NAVs, coordination of year-end distribution, audit and financial report preparation.
- Acting as a liaison between Lakehouse and external stakeholders including fund administration, custody, brokerage firms, registry, and the funds’ responsible entity, among many others.
- Monitor and improve current internal processes and controls.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager on a range of operational matters.
- Assist and coordinate trade orders and provide support to investment and distribution teams including for monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting (internally and externally), to clients, platforms and rating houses.
- Diving into a range of one-off projects. We’re a fast-growing business and are constantly taking on new challenges.
- ...and anything else we need to keep the business humming.
What you need to bring to the table:
- High ethical standards.
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Solutions-oriented mindset.
- Time management skills.
- Strong grasp of fund-level accounting.
- Understanding of the Australian financial markets and regulatory environment.
- Undergraduate degree.
- 3-plus years of relevant professional experience in custody, fund operations, or fund administration.
The following experience would be helpful:
- Experience in operations at a buy-side firm.
- Experience using Eze Castle as an order management system, portfolio management system and compliance system.
- Experience using Factset, including for portfolio attribution and benchmark reporting.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 3-plus years of relevant professional experience in fund administration, fund operations, or custody.
About Lakehouse Capital
Lakehouse Capital is a Sydney-based funds management business launched, and wholly owned by The Motley Fool. We value thoroughness so, if you have read this far, feel free to mention purple tyrannosaurs in your cover letter. Lakehouse opened its doors in 2016, The Motley Fool Australia launched in 2011, and our US-based parent, The Motley Fool, was founded in 1993. You can read more about us at www.lakehousecapital.com.au as well as in our FSG at https://www.lakehousecapital.com.au/financial-services-guide/.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Operations Analyst courses
Want the right skills for the job? Prepare for Operations Analyst roles with an industry-led course.
- Bootcamps that teach you in-demand skills
- Qualifications that current Operations Analysts have studied
- Free online courses for beginners