Volleyball Queensland Administration Manager.
ABOUT VOLLEYBALL QUEENSLAND
Volleyball Queensland (VQ) is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation focused on increasing participation in volleyball in all its forms throughout Queensland.
VQ provides volleyball opportunities for players young and old, experienced and novice through its competitive, recreational, and school-based tournaments, leagues and events.
The organisation conducts nationally recognised education programs for coaches and referees and facilitates the participation of Queensland representative teams to compete in Volleyball Australia National Championships for each of beach and indoor volleyball.
VQ is guided by its elected Board of Management, generating financial resources through a variety of activities including competitions, leagues, feature events and corporate partnerships. The organisation is generously supported with grant funding by the Queensland Government.
The Administration Manager will report to the VQ General Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Administration Manager is a key staff member, accountable for service delivery to allow VQ to meet its stated objectives.
You will lead the services team which undertakes;
- Customer contact;
- Financial transaction administration and reporting;
- Membership record controls;
- Entry and registration systems;
- Office management;
You will support VQ’s sport operations and pathways teams to liaise with and assist VQ’s affiliated clubs and associations in their efforts to deliver the sport throughout Queensland.
- Ensure the services team delivers a customer centred approach at a high standard across each of VQ’s contact points (in person, by telephone and online).
- Ensure the VQ office and staff are supported administratively and resourced with contemporary IT to undertake the work required of the organisation.
- Structure the services team, direct their work and review performance to ensure provision of high quality support to the sport’s deliverers.
- Oversee quality player, team, club registration and activity entry systems. Assisting participants and staff with the services those systems provide.
- Work with the finance controller to ensure timely transaction documentation, payments, collections, government lodgements and reporting for staff and Board.
- Work with Communications officer, ensuring current and contemporary information is available to Queensland volleyballers through VQ’s social media, website and eNews channels while conducting specific campaigns and partner relationship servicing.
- Support affiliated clubs and associations in their interface with VQ in administering registrations, event entries and the like.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the national volleyball community and Queensland sport industry to advance the sport for Queensland’s volleyballers.
- Ensure data collection, analysis and reporting is undertaken as required on projects and programs.
- Contribute to the VQ workforce team in delivery of its significant events and projects.
- Undertake other duties as considered necessary by the General Manager.
- Experienced in business, administrative services or office management amassed over 10 plus years.
- A good understanding of sport governance structures and administrative practices which was gained professionally or through volunteer roles.
- Experienced in managing staff.
- High level computer abilities using the office suite, Xero, web based systems for banking, sales or membership and social media platforms.
- Strong writing, financial control and presentation skills.
- Hold qualifications as listed below.
QUALIFICATIONS, LICENCES, RECOGNITION REQUIRED / DESIRED
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management, Finance Management, Sport Management or similar discipline - highly desirable.
- WWCC Blue Card (Paid) - essential.
- Current Drivers Licence - essential.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Planning and Organising – Ability to prioritise tasks to meet daily, weekly and project targets. Project management skills to arrange for and achieve outcomes within resource constraints.
- Interpersonal - A leader, facilitating efficient and productive relationships with stakeholders and staff.
- Communication Skills – Demonstrated superior communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Integrity – Maintain legal, social and organisational standards and values. Honour your commitments.
- Work practice- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a project team. Being reliable and taking initiative to positively influence the project. Having an outcomes focus.
- Relationship Management - Ability to foster positive working relationships with key stakeholders and leverage them to achieve positive outcomes.
- Flexibility and Resilience – Ability to deal calmly and consistently with demanding responsibilities and conflicting priorities from a range of stakeholders and staff utilising negotiation and conflict resolution techniques.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
- Full-time position (76 hours per fortnight).
- The Administration Manager will work from the VQ office @ Sports House Milton.
- Salary $65,000 plus superannuation.
- Six-month probation period after which ongoing employment.
- Occasional travel intra or interstate.
- The sport industry requires additional and varied working hours, including nights and weekend, particularly associated with team tours, camps and events. A time off in lieu provision applies when this occurs.
- All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- This is not a Government position; the employer is Volleyball Queensland.
- Applications will close no later than COB Monday 15 August 2022, earlier applications are encouraged.
- Applications to include;
- Covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria while considering the Key Competencies;
- Your Resume;
- Note: Referees can be submitted if an interview is granted.
- Submitted as one document of no more than 5 pages via email.
- Apply to;
- Interviews are planned to take place Thursday 18 and/or Friday 19 August 2022 and may be held face to face or via a video contact system such as Teams or Skype.
CONTACT & FURTHER INFORMATION
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?