- Permanent Paralegal Position
- Work flexibly with both full time and part time hours available
- Attractive Salary $75,108 - $94,212 per annum + Super
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Hybrid Working Model
- Bring Your Paralegal Expertise to a Non for Profit!
Who We Are
Murdoch Children's Research Institute (MCRI)
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health. MCRI is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity, equity and respect that celebrates and values the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our people. We strive to foster a positive working environment that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and consideration for the diverse voices of staff, students and the communities we serve. MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability and is a committed subscriber to Science Australia Gender Equity and its principles.
An amazing opportunity is now available for a highly motivated Paralegal to join the Legal team at MCRI. In this role you be responsible for providing a range of paralegal services including the preparation, review and execution of documents, retrieval of information and undertaking research.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Paralegal who can take the lead in reviewing and processing confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements and standard agreements that have previously been reviewed and approved by the legal team.
To be successful in this role you will posses excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills along with strong communications skills. Relevant experience in the healthcare industry, universities or other research organisations will be highly regarded.
MCRI is a supportive work environment that understands the importance of work life balance and family. Our team is happy to negotiate part-time work, flexible working and job sharing.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and leading the preparation, review and approval of standard agreements that have been reviewed and approved by the Head of Legal.
- Coordinating and leading the initial review, negotiation and approval of confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Referring proposed amendments for these agreements to the lawyers as appropriate.
- Providing advice and guidance to internal clients with a focus on practical solutions.
- A bachelor's degree in law with relevant experience; or
- Extensive paralegal experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Experience in providing paralegal services in a corporate legal office.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You are invited to apply online via the MCRI Careers Portal. Please click the apply at the top of the page.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter
For more information, please refer to the position description. Any specific questions related to this position should be directed to Lynda O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, abilities, religions and sexual orientations in our workplace and encourage talented people of any identity to apply to our vacancies. We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace, please contact the People Leader listed above if this is needed.
All applicants, please be aware that in line with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Directions, all MCRI and VCGS workers must be fully vaccinated, unless a medical exception applies. Applicants will be required to provide their Australian Government COVID-19 Digital Immunisation Certificate/s or evidence of medical exception or evidence of vaccination booking as part of our pre-employment requirements.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Closing Date: 18 August 2022
- Attractive Salary + Super (with Salary Packaging)
- Ongoing Career Development and Training
- Flexible Working Options
- Paid Parental Leave Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing Program and an Employee Assistance Program