At Balance, we believe we are the Engine Room of the Energy Revolution! This is not just a tag line, it describes what we do: take revolutionary ideas in energy and engineer them into reality.
We are a progressive business with a talented technical and leadership team and as an agile company, we can offer a diverse range of engineering experience. Our people are passionate about innovation and being the leader in our field that includes utility scale solar and storage, renewable energy integration, custom microgrids and complex control systems SCADA.
We encourage creativity while embracing a flexible and relaxed workplace. Due to strong growth, we are looking for a Renewable Electrical Engineer to be an integral part of the technical and delivery teams that will drive the business forward.
About the Role
This role is for someone who has an enthusiastic attitude and is eager to learn from our Senior Technical teams. We want someone who is dynamic enough to work across multiple projects, who wants to do the work that others find too challenging, to find creative solutions to our clients unique obstacles and who loves working as part of a collaborative team!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for
- Produce high quality electrical designs that are compliant to Australian and International standards and in line with customer requirements
- Work within agreed timeframes and project budgets
- Proactively maintain leading edge knowledge of electrical engineering relevant to Balance projects
- Design and evaluate electrical systems, products, components and applications
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks including design and drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Be involved with estimating project costs and timelines/schedules
- Confirm system and component capabilities by designing testing methods
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Preparation of product reports by collecting and analysing information and data
- Ability to travel to site from time to time for commissioning purposes
Experience & Skills
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Proven work with AS3000, AS3008, AS4777 & AS5033
- An understanding of renewable energy systems (off-grid, hybrid, grid connect)
- Has worked collaboratively as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- CEC Accreditation (Grid connected and off-grid)
- Experience with or an understanding of network communications
Benefits at Balance
- Flexible working environment with a passionate team of people
- Competitive salary packages
- Generous site allowances & overtime provisions
If this sounds like you - click the "apply now" button with a copy of your CV
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
- How many years' experience do you have as an electrical engineer?