FARM OPERATIONS TEAM MEMBER (FULL TIME) – Euroley NSW
Southern Cross Farms (SC Farms) provides horticultural management services to private, institutional, and corporate investment groups with several production sites across Sunraysia, Riverland, Moreton Bay and Riverina regions.
Euroley Almond Farm is based in the Riverina, NSW 48 kilometres south- east of Griffith on a large almond property of 2419 hectares.
Reporting to the Farm Operations Manager, the role provides an opportunity for the successful applicant to further develop their operational experience in horticultural production.
Southern Cross Farms is looking for enthusiastic operations team member to join our team at our Euroley Almond farm.
The Farm Operations Team Member role will perform on farm duties such as:
- Spraying – herbicide
- Tractor work – slashing, mulching, X-plane
- Some irrigation tasks – repairs and maintenance
- Assist with chemical and fertigation applications
- Harvest (seasonal)
- Orchard work
Farm Operations Team Members are expected to support the Southern Cross Farms Team by:
- maintaining compliance within the workplace
- being aware and complying with OHS & HR policies
- being compliant with food safety policies and standards, such as Global GAP
- actively participating in internal and external training
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Cert II in Horticulture is desirable but not essential
- Current Australian Driver's licence is essential
- Forklift licence – held or willing to obtain
- Chem Cert – held or willing to obtain
- Pest and disease identification and control experience
- Food hygiene
- Farm Safety
- First Aid
An attractive remuneration package will be offered subject to the applicant's experience, skills, and qualifications.
The position will include a 3-month probation period unless the successful applicant is an existing employee within the SC Farms group of companies.
New employees will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol screening and provide their COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please complete SEEK application online or alternatively email a copy of your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?