What's it like to be an IT Project Manager?
An IT Project Manager organises, directs, controls and coordinates IT projects. They are responsible for resource management, scheduling, prioritisation and task coordination.
Tasks and duties
- Analysing IT needs and specifying technology and solutions to meet those needs.
- Formulating and directing information technology strategies, policies and plans.
- Directing the selection and installation of IT resources and the provision of user training.
- Directing IT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations.
- Overseeing the security of IT systems.
The IT Project Manager is required to meet project milestones, objectives and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.
IT Project Managers ensure everyone working on their projects has a shared understanding of the goals and their responsibilities.
Latest IT Project Manager jobs on SEEK
Want to know where your skills can take you? So do we!
We're working on a tool that shows you the skills you have and the skills you need, so you can become an in-demand candidate for a role that suits your strengths. Register to try it out in a guided Zoom session with a SEEK user researcher.