What's it like to be a Managing Director?
A Managing Director is a senior position in a company, with responsibility for overseeing the company’s performance. They give an organisation strategic guidance to ensure long-term goals are achieved. The Managing Director leads a board of directors, and reports in to the chairperson and shareholders.
Latest Managing Director jobs on SEEK
How to become a Managing Director
- Complete a Bachelor degree.
- Consider gaining a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Undertake the professional director training course with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
- Gain relevant work experience and develop expertise in business, leadership and decision-making.
- Finding good mentors, undertaking a Board induction as well as completing professional training specific to the role of a Director should be considered essential steps for all new Directors.
- Having strong technical expertise which you can confidently demonstrate, as well as strong leadership skills are also vital. It may take many years to develop these skills and experience.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Managing Director have studied these qualifications.
Develop broad skills in science to prepare for opportunities in a range of industries with this qualification.