What's it like to be a Retail Store Manager?
A Retail Store Manager is responsible for supervising staff and operations at a retail store.
Tasks and duties
- Ensure customers are provided with excellent service, stock and restock merchandise, undertake inventory and orders, monitor sales and maintain store cleanliness.
- Recruit, interview, train and supervise new employees, in addition to organising rosters.
- Reconcile sales at the end of the shift or day and deposit monies in the bank or safe.
Retail Store Managers are responsible for the smooth operation of a store, but also ensuring that budgets and financial objectives are communicated with staff and are met.
Leadership qualities such as excellent communication skills, managing staff and high levels of customer service are all necessary for Retail Store Managers.
Latest Retail Store Manager jobs on SEEK
How to become a Retail Store Manager
- Complete a qualification in retail services, such as a Certificate III in Retail (SIR30216) or a Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015).
- If you are looking to further your career within retail, you can work your way up and apply for promotions to more senior roles, such as Brand Manager or District Manager. You could also undertake further studies, such as a Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915).