What's it like to be a Commercial Analyst?
Commercial Analysts are responsible for gathering financial and operational data about an organisation, and providing assessments and analysis of the data. Commercial Analysts sit within the finance team of a company and assist in driving the positive financial direction of a company.
Tasks and duties
- Financial modelling.
- Preparing budgets and monthly or quarterly forecasting.
- Undertaking competitor analysis.
- Providing support to business leadership team.
- Using data to create narratives and stories to help inform decision-making.
- Writing analyses and distributing or presenting to key stakeholders.
- Identifying business improvement opportunities and efficiencies.
What can I earn as a Commercial Analyst?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Commercial Analyst
- Complete an undergraduate degree majoring in Accounting. You’ll need to complete an approved degree in order to apply for accreditation as a Chartered Account or Certified Practising Accounting.
- Look for employment opportunities as a Junior Commercial Analyst to gain experience while completing your studies.