What's it like to be a Finance Business Partner?
A Finance Business Partner is a finance professional who works alongside other business functions, using strong analytical skills to advise and support decision-making through strategic insights. The role of a Finance Business Partner is to assist in the improvement of business operations and performance.
Tasks and duties
- Partnering with business units to deliver strategic financial insights.
- Coordinating budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Developing financial models to aid decision-making.
- Periodic reporting for senior management.
- Delivering financial literacy training to staff.
- Reviewing client accounts and projects to identify risks and underperformance of finances early.
- Undertaking due diligence research on acquisitions and mergers.
- Communicating opportunities for improvement.
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the business.
What can I earn as a Finance Business Partner?
Latest Finance Business Partner jobs on SEEK
How to become a Finance Business Partner
- Complete an undergraduate degree in a field such as commerce, accounting or finance. These courses will generally take you 3 years full-time, and you will need to have completed year 12 to earn a satisfactory ATAR or to apply for special entry.
- Consider become accredited as a Chartered Accountant (CA) or a Chartered Practising Accountant (CPA).
- Gain experience working in an entry-level finance role and develop your knowledge of your chosen industry.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Finance Business Partner have studied these qualifications.
This degree provides you with a strong foundation in business, accounting and finance, preparing you for a range of roles.