What's it like to be a Guest Services Agent?
Guest Service Agents communicate with guests looking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet guests on arrival, assign them rooms and suites, issue keys, and collect payment information. Guest Service Agents coordinate housekeeping, porters, transport providers and kitchen staff to meet guest requirements.
Tasks and duties
- Greeting guests on arrival.
- Undertaking front desk service duties.
- Administering check-in and check-outs.
- Assigning rooms and issuing keys.
- Delivering mail and messages.
- Processing guest payments and managing bills.
- Coordinating with porters, concierge, kitchen staff and housekeeping.
- Acting as a central source of information for guests during their stay.
- Processing food and beverage requests.
- Resolving problems and dealing with conflict or tension with disappointed guests.
- Coordinating third-party services such as tour guides, taxis, airport transfers and rental cars.
What can I earn as a Guest Services Agent?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Guest Services Agent
- Complete a Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30616) to gain foundational knowledge and prepare for roles in the hospitality industry.
- You may need a Responsible Service of Alcohol to process bar orders. These are available through TAFE, private hospitality schools and online.
- Consider undertaking a Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416) to prepare for team leader or supervisor roles.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Guest Services Agent have studied these qualifications.
This qualification prepares you to work in senior management positions across any hospitality sector.