What's it like to be a Marketing Coordinator?
Marketing Coordinators coordinate and manage activities which support business growth. They participate in the administration of marketing budgets and coordinate and execute a range of marketing activities including online tactics such as email marketing, social media marketing, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and Pay Per Click advertising (PPC); as well as offline tactics such as print, radio and TV advertising and direct mail.
Tasks and duties
- Coordinating a range of online and offline marketing activities to achieve business goals for market share and growth.
- Analysing data and collating regular reports.
- Implementing marketing tactics that support business objectives.
- Developing and executing appropriate tactics by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets.
- Providing market insights for the purpose of creating and marketing new products.
- Developing, monitoring and optimising marketing campaigns and working within time and budget constraints.
Marketing Coordinators have strong analytical and creative skills, and an understanding of consumer psychology. They work for creative agencies, or in the marketing department of a business in a broad range of industries, usually under the direction of a Marketing Manager. Experienced Marketing Coordinators often progress into managerial roles.
What can I earn as a Marketing Coordinator?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Marketing Coordinator
- Complete a qualification in marketing, such as a Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (BSB42415), Diploma of Marketing and Communication (BSB52415), an Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication (BSB61315) or a Bachelor degree majoring in marketing.
- Look to secure a placement in an internship program while studying. This will provide you with relevant experience as well as guidance and mentorship from experienced Marketing Coordinators.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Marketing Coordinator have studied these qualifications.
This degree offers you a foundation in business studies and the opportunity to specialise in all aspects of marketing.