What's it like to be a Policy Officer?
A Policy Officer provides analysis and advice on issues an organisation is concerned with, liaises with both internal and external networks of contacts, and develops policy relating to the rules and principles of the issues accordingly.
Tasks and duties
- Undertaking and commissioning research.
- Gathering data and analysing information.
- Providing advice to senior stakeholders and decision makers.
- Coordinating meetings, conferences and debates.
- Writing briefings, speeches and reports.
- Giving presentations and speeches.
- Undertaking stakeholder consultation.
- Monitoring communications to ensure effective delivery of key talking points.
What can I earn as a Policy Officer?
Latest Policy Officer jobs on SEEK
How to become a Policy Officer
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Policy Officer have studied these qualifications.
Develop foundational legal knowledge and skills and prepare for a career in law with this qualification.
This degree focuses on international relations, trade and diplomacy, and will prepare you for a global career.