What's it like to be a Project Coordinator?
Project Coordinators plan and administrate the organisation of projects, contracts and teams of people. They have strong organisational and communication skills, and often work to strict deadlines.
Tasks and duties
- Working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, owners and other specialists to ensure that goals are met.
- Responding to enquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, services and projects.
- Advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions.
- Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning activities and milestones.
- Collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reports on project outcomes.
- Sharing relevant documentation and reports with project teams.
- Being point of contact for various working groups.
Project Coordinators work closely with team members and managers to facilitate the completion of activities by planning and scheduling resources and tasks, delivering internal and external communications, supporting Project Managers and implementing their recommendations, and collating and analysing data for the preparation of submissions and reports.
Project Coordinators often work for construction and engineering firms, however there is growing demand for the skill set in a broad range of industries, including information, communications and technology, environmental and Government agencies, event management and human resources.
What can I earn as a Project Coordinator?
Latest Project Coordinator jobs on SEEK
How to become a Project Coordinator
- 1. Complete a qualification in Project Management. This could be a Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515), a Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415), or an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Project Management (ICT60415).
- After gaining experience as a Project Coordinator, consider developing your managerial skills and moving into a Project Manager role with further study, such as a Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Project Coordinator have studied these qualifications.
This certificate provides you with core skills in agile and traditional methodologies of project management.