What's it like to be a Regional Manager?
A Regional Manager is responsible for the sales performance of a number of stores in a geographical region. Regional Managers work with Store Managers to set targets in the allocated region, in order to increase the success of the stores. Regional Managers work for multinational, retail, banking and franchise organisations. Regional Managers may be required to travel extensively as part of their role.
Tasks and duties
- Setting targets for the stores located in the region.
- Designing performance objectives for stores to follow.
- Reporting on metrics.
- Evaluating team and staff performance.
- Providing leadership to area, territory and store managers.
- Providing training and development to teams.
- Resolving problems in the region when they are escalated.
- Maximising sales and profitability across the stores in the region.
What can I earn as a Regional Manager?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Regional Manager
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Regional Manager have studied these qualifications.
This VET diploma provides you with a foundation in business and may be used as a pathway into a Bachelor degree.