What's it like to be a Medical Receptionist?
Medical Receptionists are responsible for general administration duties in a medical centre. They are required to greet patients as they arrive, book appointments, monitor stock levels, manage payments, and organise specialist consultations.
Tasks and duties
- Schedule appointments for clients, including external appointments for those requiring hospital admission and tests
- Process bills and payments
- Fax, scan, file and mail documents.
- Monitor and order stationery and clinical supplies.
- Organise meetings.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Medical Receptionists are also required to interpret and apply medical terminology correctly.
Useful traits or skills for a Medical Receptionist include good organisational skills, good communication skills, high levels of accuracy and a friendly personality.