What's it like to be a Business Analyst?
Business Analysts are responsible for reviewing and analysing business processes, creating efficiencies, leading project teams and communicating technical information back to the business. They most commonly work in information technology, but can be found across a range of business departments, where they work to map out company requirements.
Tasks and duties
- Creating detailed business documents and working with spreadsheets in an advanced capacity.
- Defining problem statements and identifying opportunities.
- Creating and communicating solutions.
- Reviewing business processes.
- Analysing data, including budgets, forecasts, plans and pricing.
- Managing reporting.
- Presenting data back to the business.
Latest Business Analyst jobs on SEEK
How to become a Business Analyst
- Complete a bachelor degree in business, business analytics, information technology or a related field. This usually takes three years of full-time study.
- Familiarise yourself with the International Institute of Business Analysis™ BABOK® Guide. This globally recognised guide is the accepted standard for the concepts and techniques applied to business analysis.
- Gain work experience in an entry-level role that exposes you to data and analytics.
- Consider joining the Australian chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). This allows you to advance your skills by completing industry-recognised certificates.