What's it like to be a Driver?
Drivers transport vehicles, people and goods from one place to another. They typically work for restaurants, hotels, travel companies and delivery services. Drivers need to have good time management skills to be able to get from the pick-up location to their destination in the time required. People skills are helpful too, especially if drivers are working with passengers or maintaining regular supplier relationships.
Tasks and duties
- Picking up passengers or goods and delivering them to a destination.
- Navigating routes with knowledge and data of roads and traffic conditions.
- Processing payments.
- Cleaning, maintaining and servicing vehicles.
- Keeping a log of travel.
What can I earn as a Driver?
Latest Driver jobs on SEEK
How to become a Driver
- You’ll need a government-issued licence applicable to the type of vehicle you want to drive, in the state you want to drive in. Contact your local roads and traffic authority to find out more about the licences available in your state. You may also consider completing a Certificate III in Driving Operations (TLI31216).
- Companies looking to hire you may also require a number of years’ experience, depending on the kind of driving you’d be doing.
- If you are looking to do specialist driving, such as driving a limousine, delivering money or transporting hazardous materials, some companies may require you to train and earn an advanced qualification to allow you to do so.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Driver have studied these qualifications.
Develop broad skills in science to prepare for opportunities in a range of industries with this qualification.