What's it like to be an Office Administrator?
Office Administrators carry out various functions within an office environment to ensure the administrative duties required by the employer are carried out smoothly. The role and duties vary widely depending on the organisation, but Office Administrators tend to be well-organised and good communicators.
Tasks and duties
- Help with office communication, which may include answering and making phone calls and maintaining correspondence.
- Coordinate space and office organisation.
- Purchase and manage office supplies and equipment.
- Greet visitors that come to the office; direct and help resolve information requests that come through reception.
Latest Office Administrator jobs on SEEK
How to become an Office Administrator
- There are a number of vocational courses that develop business skills including the Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30120) and Certificate IV in Business Administration (BSB40120).
- Additional study may help you move up in the industry. There are a number of courses that will help you expand your skillset and knowledge, for example, Diploma of Business (Operations) (BSB50120).
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as an Office Administrator have studied these qualifications.
With this qualification you will develop your administrative skills and learn to provide leadership and guidance to others.